Hot smoked veal with apple wood
1 veal aiguillette of 600g approximately
5cl olive oil
Pepper from the mill
4 oranges (grated zest, 1 juice of 1 orange)
50g of blond brown sugar
10g fennel seeds
10g ground coriander seeds
100g apple wood chips (hydrate 1h)
1. Prepare your aiguillette by trimming it completely, mix all the elements of the marinade well to obtain a thick paste, massage the veal aiguillette and let it marinate overnight.
2. Switch on your Kokko and set it to an enclosure temperature of 100°C.
3. Heat the ½ ceramic plate, remove the needle from the marinade and cook the needle, cook for 30 minutes on each side, add the apple wood chips to release a smoke that will flavour the needle.
4. Cook for 30 minutes on each side, closing the bottom hatch to concentrate the smoke.
5. The aiguillette is cooked when it is pink. Slice it thinly and serve it on a bed of salad seasoned with a Caesar sauce.